J20 Stealth Fighter

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
China 5th gen fighter will be just like PAK-FA, a 5th gen fighter in name but a psydo 5th gen fighter in reality. Face it Russia currently does not possess the know-how or the manufacuring prowess, nor the money (pushing 100 billion dollars) needed to make a true stealth fighter, so the PAK-FA or FGFA or what ever it maybe called, will turn out to be no more than a revamped Su-27. Similarly I don't think China currently possess the technology, nor the intention to spend the tens of billions of dollars necessary, to make a true 5th-gen fighter. China's 5-th gen fighter will be a revamped, twin engined J-10, that's my opinion, good at dealing with whatever India might throw at China in the next 30 years, but falling far short of taking on the mighty F22.

Last edited:

SHASH2K2

China 5th gen fighter will be just like PAK-FA, a 5th gen fighter in name but a psydo 5th gen fighter in reality. Face it Russia currently does not possess the know-how or the manufacuring prowess, nor the money (pushing 100 billion dollars) needed to make a true stealth fighter, so the PAK-FA or FGFA or what ever it maybe called, will turn out to be no more than a revamped Su-27. Similarly I don't think China currently possess the technology, nor the intention to spend the tens of billions of dollars necessary, to make a true 5th-gen fighter. China's 5-th gen fighter will be a revamped, twin engined J-10, that's my opinion, good at dealing with whatever India might throw at China in the next 30 years, but falling far short of taking on the mighty F22.
We all know that J- 10 will rip us apart but what I am interested to know is how? please provide us specification of your super jet J10 or stop releasing hot air . This is problem with almost everyone here you all talk big but have little or no fact to back it up.

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
J10 has consistently beat Su27 in mock-combat, that's enough evidence for me that J10 will hold its own in any hyperthetical confrontation betwen China and India, before 2020 at least. Currently you don't poseess too many jets that are bette than Su27, your Mirage2000 is over 2 decades old, and is of earlier design, your Mig29 is probably nearing the end of its service life. Yes, you can say we will have this, or that, but the truth is China will not be sitting stand-still either. I'm firmly in belief that China now can go toe-to-toe with any new offering Russia has for India. Yes if India chooses Euro Fighter, it will be give India en edge, but the so-called 5th gen fighter China is going to field will certainly be at least competitve.

I never said that J10 will 'ripe' the IAF apart, but it or its derivative will be no-push over either. Too often the folks here have overestimated the true capabilities of russian equipment.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
The PAKFA a revamped Su27? hahah dude get your facts rights! The Internal Weapons bay itself makes your argument fall flat! The IWB is the first sign of stealth and the Russians have done it! With the new engines and all, the intakes and all will be perfected and Mind it, its just the First Prototype you are seeing! The Chinese cant make a decent engine for a 4th Gen Fighter, and they compare themselves with the Russians and have the audacity to call the PAKFA a revamped Su27!!!

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
J10 has consistently beat Su27 in mock-combat, that's enough evidence for me that J10 will hold its own in any hyperthetical confrontation betwen China and India, before 2020 at least. Currently you don't poseess too many jets that are bette than Su27, your Mirage2000 is over 2 decades old, and is of earlier design, your Mig29 is probably nearing the end of its service life. Yes, you can say we will have this, or that, but the truth is China will not be sitting stand-still either. I'm firmly in belief that China now can go toe-to-toe with any new offering Russia has for India. Yes if India chooses Euro Fighter, it will be give India en edge, but the so-called 5th gen fighter China is going to field will certainly be at least competitve.

I never said that J10 will 'ripe' the IAF apart, but it or its derivative will be no-push over either. Too often the folks here have overestimated the true capabilities of russian equipment.
why dont you send one of J10 for fight with Mig 21, Mig 29 and SU30 MKI, if we found it ok we might get the same from china.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
J10 has consistently beat Su27 in mock-combat,

Yes if India chooses Euro Fighter, it will be give India en edge,

I never said that J10 will 'ripe' the IAF apart,

Pls, take this crap somewhere else...

This thread is for Chinese 5g fighter ( PHOTOS & DISCUSSION ) and people here don't support any trolling nor pissing contest..

Thanks.

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
F-22 took 65 Billion dollars to develop, money sofar spent on PAK-FA amounts to couple billions, and the whole thing will receive no more 10 billion, split between India and Russia. It's simply not realistic to expect this thing to be an altenative to F-22. Have you seen the rivets on FAK-FA in the close-up shots. They are no better than the ones found on Mig-21.

In the end you get what you pay for. PAK-FA will be inferior to Euro Fighter, bank on it. Russia currently does not have the manufacturing capabilities to make a true F22 class fighter, neither does China of course.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
BTW read somewhere that Chines Su27 was beaten by Turkish F-4, are you sure that Russians have given you state of the art tech for SU 27 ???.

SHASH2K2

I would really appreciate if you talk some technical stuffs rather than releasing hot air . I am not able to breath properly. Its just better than this and better than that but nothing about how. Whats the range of RADAR for J10 B and what are weapons that will be used in that . Hope you understand what I am saying here . When someone says that SUkhoi 30 is best he has facts and technical information to back it up . SO please come with some technical specifications. I am not interested in knowing how much money was spent on which plane.

badguy2000

Respected Member
BTW read somewhere that Chines Su27 was beaten by Turkish F-4, are you sure that Russians have given you state of the art tech for SU 27 ???.
the statement that "Chines Su27 was beaten by Turkish F-4," is a troll which originally appeared in Chinese forums like CD.
the troll in fact appeared before the mission started,which has made CHinese defence ministry clarify the case....haha

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
so the misinformation was spread by non other then chines themselves................ or was it a fact.....LOL

Agantrope

Wow, Saarji, You are really a superb Scientist, economist, strategist, politician, etc etc etc. then why are typing over your filthy keyboard. Go and join the Politburo.:emot180:

What the highlight is PAK-FA => modified Su-27 :emot15: Dont sh*t here when you are high on opium. Go and analyse abou the fact before f**ting here.

Agantrope

the statement that "Chines Su27 was beaten by Turkish F-4," is a troll which originally appeared in Chinese forums like CD.
the troll in fact appeared before the mission started,which has made CHinese defence ministry clarify the case....haha
Yeah you people are very very intelligent and then post that MiG-19 beats the Su-30MKK hands down and will tell it is a teaching of Sun Tsu to show yourself as Underdogs?:emot15:

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
I would really appreciate if you talk some technical stuffs rather than releasing hot air . I am not able to breath properly. Its just better than this and better than that but nothing about how. Whats the range of RADAR for J10 B and what are weapons that will be used in that . Hope you understand what I am saying here . When someone says that SUkhoi 30 is best he has facts and technical information to back it up . SO please come with some technical specifications. I am not interested in knowing how much money was spent on which plane.
J-10A the current model uses a mechanically-scanned doppler-pulse radar (KLJ10), with an effective range about 100 km for Mig-21 sized targets, it can track 10 targets and engage 4 of them simultanously . The main missiles are infrared PL-8 (15km )and active guided PL-12 (> 70 km). But more advanced models are under development.

J-10B is said to be fielding an AESA. China has done a lot of work on AESA in recent times, one prominent example is the type 346 radar featured on 052C destroyer. Anyway, J10 as it stands now compares favourably with anything IAF has except for for Su30 MKI. J10B, which is about entering service, is likely to be equal to F16 Block 52. And the future twin-engined J10 derivative is likely on par with Euro Fighter or Rafael.

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
USAF F-15C were supposedly beaten badly by IAF jets in an exercise a few years ago, should you thus conclude that IAF will win in a landslide in a real confrontation with the USAF?

Agantrope

USAF F-15C were supposedly beaten badly by IAF jets in an exercise a few years ago, should you thus conclude that IAF will win in a landslide in a real confrontation with the USAF?
Thats why i said to 'You are high on opium' just sit and *****.

If you could read the whole of the news report on what

When questioned on the capabilities of IAF pilots, Col Greg Newbech, USAF Team Leader made the following remarks: - "What we've seen in the last two weeks is, the IAF can stand toe-to-toe with best AF in the world. I pity the pilot who has to face the IAF and chances the day to underestimate him; because he won't be going home. Indian hospitality from everyone has been truly overwhelming. The greatest compliment we heard from an IAF pilot, 'You American pilots are just like us, simply down to earth people.' We depart India with great respect for the Indian Air Force. Your pilots, maint and support crew are exceptional professionals.
For your reference http://indianairforce.nic.in/show_page.php?pg_id=144

btw, Happy Diwali Folk.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
AESA and J-10??? Where is the Engine??? Where is workable normal Radar leave alone AESA? Where are latest avionics?

Why is pakistan looking for Western Avionics instead of Chinese? Get a life beyond PRC and PLA propaganda......Any Airframe can be called 5th generation but with old Russian engines, Radars and other equipment combined with Chinese Secrecy and Propaganda, China will Surely have a 5th Generation Aircraft even before it masters 4th and 3rd generation tech:emot112:

Last edited:

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
What was he supposed to say, like 'you guys suck, we went easy and were just toying with you guys'? That guy was being diplomatic.

Agantrope

What was he supposed to say, like 'you guys suck, we went easy and were just toying with you guys'? That guy was being diplomatic.
Please address to whom and who you are addressing? Else it may create a confusion.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles