List of Raja's Suggestions

BunBunCake

1. Registering needs a Captcha !!!
It would eliminate --> http://defenceforumindia.com/showthread.php?t=17804

2. There needs to be a cleanup in the sections. Here is my proposed structure (by order also)

-Welcome To Indian Defence Forum
--Introductions and Greetings

-Indian Defence and Military Forum
--Land Forces
--Military Aviation
--Naval Forces
--WMD & Missiles
--Global Defence

-Multimedia
--Military Photos and Videos
--Non-Military Photos and Videos

-General
--Current & Social Issues (Indian)
--World Affairs
--Military and General History
--Economy

-World Defence
--Pakistan Defence
--China Defence
--Global Defence

-DFI Discussions
--Forum Announcements
--Member's Corner
--Suggestions/Bugs

Some of the sections currently there are redundent and complicated.
Members who like this layout please give me some support so the management will consider this idea.

3. We need an INDIAN themed template. The current one, honestly is really crappy and is one of the worst forum templates I've seen.

4. We need a SERIOUS photo gallery, (since I don't have VB support, i dont know which addon best suits that) but there is one by "All Enthusiast Inc" that is very nice.

5. Blogs are pointless as this is a forum...... What we should have inplace of them is staff posted news about India.

6. What really bugs me is the "Thank you" system. There are 2 systems inplace for this.. one of them is "Do you find this helpful"? and the other one "Thanked _ times in _ posts" Very redundant again. I suggest you keep the latter + integrate it better with the forum.

7. Forum Cleanup. For ex, in the navigation menu (top) a link to the arcade is still there even after it has been removed.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 PM.
Powered by vBulletinâ„¢ Version 4.1.0
Copyright © 2011 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Defence Forum India is a privately owned forum and does not have any political and religious connections, we are pro republic of India. DFI is a non profit organization and posts and opinions in the forum or website is the sole responsibility of the users posting them , at no point would the staff and management of DFI be responsible for any damage arising from such opinions or posts and the management will not be responsible for any legal issues that might be associated with the said member. we respect and follow the internet norms and rules and expect our members also to follow the laws of the region while posting. Posts and Contents of DefenceForum India must not be replicated without permission!
By now if you haven't realized, I am a perfectionist. There's no reason to tell people that this forum is running on Vbulletin :D And that statement should be included in either the disclaimer or the privacy policy/terms.

These are only a few ..... more to come...

BunBunCake

*Mods, please move this thread to the Suggestions section, accidently posted here. Sorry for the trouble.
(delete this --->X post after)

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
1. Registering needs a Captcha !!!
It would eliminate --> http://defenceforumindia.com/showthread.php?t=17804

2. There needs to be a cleanup in the sections. Here is my proposed structure (by order also)

-Welcome To Indian Defence Forum
--Introductions and Greetings

-Indian Defence and Military Forum
--Land Forces
--Military Aviation
--Naval Forces
--WMD & Missiles
--Global Defence

-Multimedia
--Military Photos and Videos
--Non-Military Photos and Videos

-General
--Current & Social Issues (Indian)
--World Affairs
--Military and General History
--Economy

-World Defence
--Pakistan Defence
--China Defence
--Global Defence

-DFI Discussions
--Forum Announcements
--Member's Corner
--Suggestions/Bugs

Some of the sections currently there are redundent and complicated.
Members who like this layout please give me some support so the management will consider this idea.

3. We need an INDIAN themed template. The current one, honestly is really crappy and is one of the worst forum templates I've seen.

4. We need a SERIOUS photo gallery, (since I don't have VB support, i dont know which addon best suits that) but there is one by "All Enthusiast Inc" that is very nice.

5. Blogs are pointless as this is a forum...... What we should have inplace of them is staff posted news about India.

6. What really bugs me is the "Thank you" system. There are 2 systems inplace for this.. one of them is "Do you find this helpful"? and the other one "Thanked _ times in _ posts" Very redundant again. I suggest you keep the latter + integrate it better with the forum.

7. Forum Cleanup. For ex, in the navigation menu (top) a link to the arcade is still there even after it has been removed.

By now if you haven't realized, I am a perfectionist. There's no reason to tell people that this forum is running on Vbulletin :D And that statement should be included in either the disclaimer or the privacy policy/terms.

These are only a few ..... more to come...

1. We had reCaptcha installed till 12 hours back , but the spambots were able to crack it. A lot of forums worldwide who had recaptcha installed have been victim of increased spam attacks.

2. Good suggestion, will be going with a thorough overhaul of forum structure

3. Yes badly needed but we have just upgraded the software, everything is basic and default. New styles and other bits and parts will take at least till the end of the month.

4. We already have a full fledged gallery that has been disabled for a bit while we were upgrading servers and softwares. Gallery will be in action shortly.

5. I disagree, Blogs are a great idea, and allow members to express themselves and help in community building.

6. Both thank you and like mods have been disabled for the time being. We will wait for a more comprehensive solution.

7. Consequence of upgrade in software. It will take us some time to tie all the loose ends.

No problem :)

BunBunCake

1. We had reCaptcha installed till 12 hours back , but the spambots were able to crack it. A lot of forums worldwide who had recaptcha installed have been victim of increased spam attacks.
reCaptcha should be almost impossible to crack, well... can't you guys install another captcha then? Any captcha is better than no captcha.

3. Yes badly needed but we have just upgraded the software, everything is basic and default. New styles and other bits and parts will take at least till the end of the month.
I can do html/css/php so if you guys can find me a VB theme (GPL) with the layout you like, I can convert it to Indian colors.

5. I disagree, Blogs are a great idea, and allow members to express themselves and help in community building.
Well, I still don't understand. Seeing the state of the current blogs. (~100 posts?) in the 2 years they have been installed... Also they are used to make forum posts into blogs. They aren't used like blogs either.

No problem :)
Thanks =)

Last edited:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
reCaptcha should be almost impossible to crack, well... can't you guys install another captcha then? Any captcha is better than no captcha.
We have taken a few steps to make it essentially impossible for spambots to register while making it easier for members to register. Will be adding reCaptcha in addition as soon as other forums using it report normalcy.

I can do html/css/php so if you guys can find me a VB theme (GPL) with the layout you like, I can convert it to Indian colors.
Brilliant. Keep an eye on your PM Inbox !

Well, I still don't understand. Seeing the state of the current blogs. (~100 posts?) in the 2 years they have been installed... Also they are used to make forum posts into blogs. They aren't used like blogs either.
Valid concern. Will be looking at ways to encourage members to blog more. One way would be promoting dfi blogs as articles on our sister sites.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles