Protests against government in Brazil — Military coup in near future?

MANT!

As my wife is from there this is disturbing for me, Some in the protests are calling for a return to military dictatorship!!

Drumbeat Grows Louder For Impeachment Of Brazil's Rousseff : Parallels : NPR

In the BBCs service is the following untranslated in Portuguese.

Manifestantes protestam contra o governo Dilma - BBC Brasil

Please note the official police count in Sao Paulo, 580,000 protesting people in one city alone..

Brazil: hundreds of thousands of protesters call for Rouseff impeachment | World news | The Guardian

"Army, Navy and Air Force. Please save us once again of (sic) communism" read one banner in English. Among those holding it was computer graphic designer Marlon Aymes who said military force was the only way to unseat the Workers Party.
"It's unbelievable. They aren't politicians. They are criminals," said India Longras, who beat a frying pan painted with "Fora Dilma" (Dilma Out!). "I was born in the military dictatorship. It was a lot better than now. If I had to choose between then and now, I'd choose dictatorship. Education was better, crime was low and the poor lived with dignity."
I do note there were protests in favor of the government yesterday, but very much smaller..

Brazilians Rally to Support Dilma Rousseff Ahead of Sunday's Planned Protests - WSJ

Has Brazil gone crazy? do they really want to jettison their representative government that had done so much in 20+ years for a repressive military government? Will the president resign to maintain democratic government? Is this the beginnings of a political crisis within the BRIC nations?Will economic crisis's cause changes in government outside of the normal election process?

I for one hope that this either blows over, or that President Rousseff resigns to maintain the current form of government. I really don't want to see the return of the Military dictatorship with the inevitable "disappeared" ,repression and stagnant economy in a nation I have grown to love almost as much as my own.

smestarz

Country flag
Re: Protests against government in Brazil-- Military coup in near futu

As my wife is from there this is disturbing for me, Some in the protests are calling for a return to military dictatorship!!

Drumbeat Grows Louder For Impeachment Of Brazil's Rousseff : Parallels : NPR

In the BBCs service is the following untranslated in Portuguese.

Manifestantes protestam contra o governo Dilma - BBC Brasil

Please note the official police count in Sao Paulo, 580,000 protesting people in one city alone..

Brazil: hundreds of thousands of protesters call for Rouseff impeachment | World news | The Guardian

I do note there were protests in favor of the government yesterday, but very much smaller..

Brazilians Rally to Support Dilma Rousseff Ahead of Sunday's Planned Protests - WSJ

Has Brazil gone crazy? do they really want to jettison their representative government that had done so much in 20+ years for a repressive military government? Will the president resign to maintain democratic government? Is this the beginnings of a political crisis within the BRIC nations?Will economic crisis's cause changes in government outside of the normal election process?

I for one hope that this either blows over, or that President Rousseff resigns to maintain the current form of government. I really don't want to see the return of the Military dictatorship with the inevitable "disappeared" ,repression and stagnant economy in a nation I have grown to love almost as much as my own.
I guess it all started with the Football World cup, considering the problems that Brazil had, vital funds that could be utilised for creating more infrastructure and jobs, it was spent on building and repairing the football stadiums (of course the football stadiums that benefitted, did not have to pay for it, its Free upgrade for them) thus billions of dollars that could be spent on public amenities was diverted to Development of football grounds owned by Private football clubs. Already during the world cup there was massive demonstration. And it flared up when Brazil were beaten by Germany and later by Netherlands to claim 3rd place. It was wrong decision by the govt. they had thought that all they had to do was just arrive at the matches and the world cup is theirs. Winning cup would have elevated the Brazilian people, but then they would again go back to their realities which are stark. Also to top it all it was just a year back that Brazil ordered Gripen. Did Brazil have the urgent requirement? I am not sure, but in a way, India is on similar situation, with 10 years of possible development has actually gone into negative development thanks to the bad policies of a supposedly master economics. The last thing the govt want is the distraction caused by singing Rafale deal, it would not really create jobs just help fill the pocket of Ambanis. But the other projects in hand, are to be handled by Public companies under the direction of govt.

pmaitra

Re: Protests against government in Brazil — Military coup in near futu

@IBSA, @Latika_singer, can you please tell us what is going on in Brazil?

Last edited by a moderator:

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag

Lol...the kitchen pot banging as a means of protest is interesting.

IBSA

Country flag

Demonstrations organized by the opposition. Many demonstrators demands military intervention to ouster current government.

But that is a crime against constitutional order. Even more, if we were living today under the old dictatorship, these people couldnt neither to demonstrate in the streets.

sorcerer

Country flag

Another US sposored revolution against a BRIC country.

1964 Brazilian coup d'état - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
On March 30, the American military attaché in Brazil, Colonel Vernon A. Walters, telegraphed the State Department. In that telegraph, he confirmed that Brazilian army generals had committed themselves to acting against Goulart within a week of the meeting, but no date was set.[13]
The Facebook Pages Behind Sunday's Anti-Government Protests in Brazil
Four Facebook pages have been prominent in mobilizing this new crop of anti-government sentiment: Movimento Brasil Livre (Free Brazil Movement), Vem Pra Rua (Come to The Street), Revoltados Online (Online Outraged) and SOS Forças Armadas (SOS Armed Forced). Two of the four demand the impeachment of Rousseff, while another goes further and demands that the Brazilian army intervene.
The Facebook Pages Behind Sunday’s Anti-Government Protests in Brazil · Global Voices

pmaitra

Ok, so who actually posted these Facebook posts? Were they real people from Brazil or online bots?

Where are the Facebook servers located?

It is time to ban Facebook as well. It is a good thing GoI prohibited the use of Gmail by certain government folks.

IBSA

Country flag

People were from Brazil, but these groups shall receive funds from foreign NGO and countries

Current American Ambassador in Brazil is a woman that had been previously in Ukraine and Georgia, countries that have suffered 'colorful revolutions'. I think this demonstrations are a attempt to provoke one here in Brazil.

pmaitra

People were from Brazil, but these groups shall receive funds from foreign NGO and countries

Current American Ambassador in Brazil is a woman that had been previously in Ukraine and Georgia, countries that have suffered 'colorful revolutions'. I think this demonstrations are a attempt to provoke one here in Brazil.
All of the BRICS countries are in the radar. I am expecting troubles flaring up in South Africa as well.

Russia, China, and India have started kicking out the NGOs. Brazil should follow suit.

I think it was Ecuador and Venezuela who have asked the US Embassy staff to be reduced.

Good luck, and I hope there is enough people who are vocal against these protests.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag

Dilma dared to question the big boss USA.

Now she will be displaced by the CIA.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag

Ahh so now they aren't happy that you're a Christian country; now they want your resources to leak to USA.

This is the same crap they are trying against us; first use underhand methods to attack our culture and try to convert us and then leak our resources to their convenience.

Time to consolidate BRICS.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Allende once again? :confused:

anoop_mig25

Country flag

Another US sposored revolution against a BRIC country.

1964 Brazilian coup d'état - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Facebook Pages Behind Sunday's Anti-Government Protests in Brazil

The Facebook Pages Behind Sunday's Anti-Government Protests in Brazil � Global Voices
@pmaitra can we expect same kind of protest in future ????

All brics country are begin attacked one - by-one except for china and RSA

I mean starting from 2017 a facebook page protesting and wanting to remove current gov would be started/promoted till 2019 elections

smestarz

Country flag

Very similar to the campaigns that were against the UPA in India and then came the AAP,
Next we could see a brazilian Arvind Kejriwal

ladder

Country flag

@jouni, Brazil and Brazilians are also paranoid about NGO's right?

Wait, majority Brazilians are Christians, still?

jouni

@jouni, Brazil and Brazilians are also paranoid about NGO's right?

Wait, majority Brazilians are Christians, still?
They are just afraid that they have to go from this

To this

ladder

Country flag

They are just afraid that they have to go from this

Just add a face veil to it. I don't think how that will be different from a burka. The same that you were abhorring in other thread.

Still, your level of response shows that you have no answer to my original quote.

jouni

Just add a face veil to it. I don't think how that will be different from a burka. The same that you were abhorring in other thread.

Still, your level of response shows that you have no answer to my original quote.
Yes, I cannot answer. No matter how hard I try, I cannot get your fear of NGOs. My only conclusion is that you are not a mature society yet, you fear all kind of stuff, NGO is just one of them. Your country has huge differencies in distribution of wealth, that means that everybody are afraid: the rich are afraid that they will lose what they have, the poor are afraid that they will never get out of poverty.Fear is a powerful force, if used by someone for dubious purposes.

My burka post was a metaphor, which not many understod, I see.

ladder

Country flag

Yes, I cannot answer. No matter how hard I try, I cannot get your fear of NGOs. My only conclusion is that you are not a mature society yet, you fear all kind of stuff, NGO is just one of them. Your country has huge differencies in distribution of wealth, that means that everybody are afraid: the rich are afraid that they will lose what they have, the poor are afraid that they will never get out of poverty.Fear is a powerful force, if used by someone for dubious purposes.

My burka post was a metaphor, which not many understod, I see.
I am not a Brazilian. Open your eyes and reply.

jouni

I am not a Brazilian. Open your eyes and reply.
Foreign NGOs are a threat to your caste system. Some fractions in India want to keep the caste and even strengthen it, they do not like NGOs bring the message of equality to India.

Oppression is of Aryan origin

Caste system roots and discrimination against Dalits are based on the Aryan nomadic power politics. Aryans conquered Indus river the valley for more than three thousand years ago.
Conquerors subjugated the natives engaged in the cultivation of a complex hierarchical system, which also separated the Aryan invaders of the native. The system stability was ensured by connecting it into the scriptures and Hindu religion.

http://global.finland.fi/public/default.aspx?contentid=84671&nodeid=34352&contentlan=1&culture=fi-FI

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles