"Hindu is a false faith with false gods," claims Idaho senator

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Idaho Senate Opens With Hindu Prayer, 3 Lawmakers Protest

[tweet]573115257536843776[/tweet]

Idaho Senate Opens With Hindu Prayer, 3 Lawmakers Protest - ABC News

Nuxoll says she declined to attend because she believes the United States is a Christian nation.

"Hindu is a false faith with false gods," she said. "I think it's great that Hindu people can practice their religion but since we're the Senate, we're setting an example of what we, Idaho, believe."
Which hole is that dumbfcuk Barack Obama hiding in, that same asshat who lectured India about "religious tolerance"?

Just imagine if, in India, a leader dares to say such a thing. He will be hounded out of public life for good.

I get more and more convinced with each passing day, that India is the most secular and most tolerant nation in the world. I was such a fool to believe all these years, that India was a shithole and that Western nations were "beacons of religious and individual freedom". These Western big-mouth societies would have collapsed and imploded if they had the kind of demographic, religious, cultural and linguistic mix that India has.

More Indians need to open their eyes and see the hypocrisy prevalent all over.

Illusive

Country flag
re: "Hindu is a false faith with false gods," claims Idaho senator.

Though I am an atheist and really dont care for religion, Hindus should try to do what these Evangelists do, use that Chanda that is collected in temples to use for missionary work of hindus in USA just for the sake of reactions from their country.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag

Though I am an atheist and really dont care for religion, Hindus should try to do what these Evangelists do, use that Chanda that is collected in temples to use for missionary work of hindus in USA just for the sake of reactions from their country.
I am also agnostic/borderline atheist. Most right-wingers are actually atheists.

Forget USA, first let them do missionary work in India. When GharWapsi was attempted, the howls and screeches by the secular cabal and the mediamen were already deafening. Hypocrisy in elite "secular" Indian society is too much.

Illusive

Country flag

I am also agnostic/borderline atheist. Most right-wingers are actually atheists.

Forget USA, first let them do missionary work in India. When GharWapsi was attempted, the howls and screeches by the secular cabal and the mediamen were already deafening. Hypocrisy in elite "secular" Indian society is too much.
I just want to see the faces of these secular right winger( they ain't liberals by any standard) in our country, when the same thing happens in USA and see their reactions, you're gonna see a lot of protest and reactions actions the missionary work there. For eg: how people protested yoga being hindu:laugh:(its just an exercise) when it was being taught in schools to kids.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag

I just want to see the faces of these secular right winger( they ain't liberals by any standard) in our country, when the same thing happens in USA and see their reactions, you're gonna see a lot of protest and reactions actions the missionary work there. For eg: how people protested yoga being hindu:laugh:(its just an exercise) when it was being taught in schools to kids.
I disagree when you say they aren't liberals.

See, most RWers (internet Hindus as they are called) are really big on individual liberty. Case in point: when Mutalik was inducted into BJP briefly, before elections, the RW BJP support base created such a storm that the BJP was forced to take back their decision within a matter of hours.

In matters of individualism, sex and relationships, etc. - the "internet Hindus" are far more liberal than the left-wing in India. That is my observation and experience.

Illusive

Country flag

My school used to sing Christian prayer everyday in the morning in the assembly with the national anthem and pledge even though it wasn't a christian school, none of our parents ever complained, infact we didn't even see it that way that we are singing some other religion prayer such is the secular fabric of India. it was run by a rtd army soldier who was a punjabi.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag

"Benjamin Franklin, Martin Luther and George Washigton would be shocked today to see some of the acts of religious intolerance in US today."
It was something like that only .. right??

Pun aside, why did this senate decide to start with a Hindu prayer?

ladder

Country flag

"Benjamin Franklin, Martin Luther and George Washigton would be shocked today to see some of the acts of religious intolerance in US today."
It was something like that only .. right??

Pun aside, why did this senate decide to start with a Hindu prayer?
To show secular character. They also don't have any short supply of 'liberals' who think this kind of superficial act can send positive message to the society, and maybe reduce hate crime.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag

Strange that we didn't hear of such dissent when a Jewish rabbi had given invocation there last year. That also was non-Christian.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

Strange that we didn't hear of such dissent when a Jewish rabbi had given invocation there last year. That also was non-Christian.
You have go thru Rajiv Malhotra's YouTube videos to find the answer to your question.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag

I know the answer :) Just wanted to give food for thought if someone didn't.

ladder

Country flag

Religion of the book so, 'Book' brother (non Pagan) ( and preceding Jesus, and his birth religion)? Or Jewish economic and lobby power? Personally I will go with the second.

Why? In the other thread I posted a video on teaching Hinduism in USA schools. In it the speakers speaks how Jews lobbied successfully to change the text in books (world religions in social studies) which they objected to. While Hindu's objection were over-ruled.

=========

The Last Stand

Country flag

If Hinduism the longest surviving and the most liberal religion is a false faith with false gods, I really wonder about Christianity, Ms. Nuxoll.

pmaitra

Religion of the book so, 'Book' brother (non Pagan) ( and preceding Jesus, and his birth religion)? Or Jewish economic and lobby power? Personally I will go with the second.

Why? In the other thread I posted a video on teaching Hinduism in USA schools. In it the speakers speaks how Jews lobbied successfully to change the text in books (world religions in social studies) which they objected to. While Hindu's objection were over-ruled.

=========
Yet, there are people who preach morality, don't they?

Be careful, you risk being branded an anti-Semite. :lol:

ladder

Country flag

Yet, there are people who preach morality, don't they?

Be careful, you risk being branded an anti-Semite. :lol:
This site is off radar as far as secular flock is concerned. I wouldn't write anything close on Facebook.

Illusive

Country flag

I disagree when you say they aren't liberals.

See, most RWers (internet Hindus as they are called) are really big on individual liberty. Case in point: when Mutalik was inducted into BJP briefly, before elections, the RW BJP support base created such a storm that the BJP was forced to take back their decision within a matter of hours.

In matters of individualism, sex and relationships, etc. - the "internet Hindus" are far more liberal than the left-wing in India. That is my observation and experience.
You misunderstood i guess, my point was the people in the congress and AAP who say they are liberals ard secularists ,supposed to be left wing, ignore evangelists conversion of poor people through questionable methods but cry about ghar vapsi like the biggest crime of the century, shouldn't they not be hypocrite and oppose both in equal sense like a true secularist or liberal would do. Its like one side is hindu and one side is minority supporting religion, no space for liberals left.

pmaitra

This site is off radar as far as secular flock is concerned. I wouldn't write anything close on Facebook.
You should be able to, as unpalatable it might be to others.

Also remember, weak minds find safety in numbers. There is nothing more satisfying than speaking your mind, although this is not recommended in fascist states.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles