"Hindu is a false faith with false gods," claims Idaho senator

Compersion

Country flag
re: "Hindu is a false faith with false gods," claims Idaho senator.

from far away it looks false but the true and beauty is when you get closer and realize it is far more advanced and fundamental about gods and behavior. it is better to encounter (wait) for such people to get to the advanced stage and when it hits them in the face.

thats one of the reason why Hinduism has continued and continues and is the one of the oldest beliefs on this planet - the vedas and scriptures are not nursery rhymes.

Sylex21

Indians shouldn't take it personally as there will always be some religious fanatics everywhere. But no opportunity should be missed to lecture the USA publicly in the same smug manner that they do everyone else.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag

Indians shouldn't take it personally as there will always be some religious fanatics everywhere. But no opportunity should be missed to lecture the USA publicly in the same smug manner that they do everyone else.
Oh, we aren't taking it personally, I assure you. But like you said, we're giving a "return lecture" to Obama and some self-obsessed sanctimonious pontificating Americans.

Along the same lines:

[tweet]573182689005727744[/tweet]

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag

Oh, we aren't taking it personally, I assure you. But like you said, we're giving a "return lecture" to Obama and some self-obsessed sanctimonious pontificating Americans.

Along the same lines:

[tweet]573182689005727744[/tweet]
[tweet]573183087439302656[/tweet]

salute

"Benjamin Franklin, Martin Luther and George Washigton would be shocked today to see some of the acts of religious intolerance in US today."
It was something like that only .. right??

Pun aside, why did this senate decide to start with a Hindu prayer?
some new drama.:lol:

salute

ok they dont like hindu faith but

how they can say that hindu is false faith with false god

http://youtu.be/P2VqYsN0Tc4

Last edited:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

Was there any Jebus Christ in real? :confused:

If yes then can this Senator show us the actual pic or video of Jebus?

If not then can he stop following a imaginary so called "God" and SHUT his filthy mouth and start following one of his original Pagan Hooga Booga Cannibal religion? :lol: :lol:

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag

So what we have here is:
  • 3 individual state senators decided to not attend a Hindu chant because of their personal narrow minded beliefs
  • Everyone else went about business as usual
  • Nobody asked for the prayer to be halted or the prayee to be "banned"
  • The prayer was recited anyways
  • There are no moratoriums on more Hindu prayers being recited in the state senate in the future.

How exactly is this an example of systemic and/or state sponsored religious intolerance?

sorcerer

Country flag

Idaho Senate Opens With Hindu Prayer, 3 Lawmakers Protest

[tweet]573115257536843776[/tweet]

Idaho Senate Opens With Hindu Prayer, 3 Lawmakers Protest - ABC News

Which hole is that dumbfcuk Barack Obama hiding in, that same asshat who lectured India about "religious tolerance"?

Just imagine if, in India, a leader dares to say such a thing. He will be hounded out of public life for good.

I get more and more convinced with each passing day, that India is the most secular and most tolerant nation in the world. I was such a fool to believe all these years, that India was a shithole and that Western nations were "beacons of religious and individual freedom". These Western big-mouth societies would have collapsed and imploded if they had the kind of demographic, religious, cultural and linguistic mix that India has.

More Indians need to open their eyes and see the hypocrisy prevalent all over.
Wheres the preacher Obama!!!
Its time he start preaching to his own kind about tolerance.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag

So what we have here is:
  • 3 individual state senators decided to not attend a Hindu chant because of their personal narrow minded beliefs
  • Everyone else went about business as usual
  • Nobody asked for the prayer to be halted or the prayee to be "banned"
  • The prayer was recited anyways
  • There are no moratoriums on more Hindu prayers being recited in the state senate in the future.

How exactly is this an example of systemic and/or state sponsored religious intolerance?
It actually isn't yet, but it is still ideological violence. A State formed by members of such narrow religious views cannot be expected to be called a secular one atleast.
They did not just "not attend" the prayer. That was all good by me. But they said "Hindu is a false faith with false gods."
This isn't just not walking a path (obvious since you're walking another one); this is spitting on that path.

Can your actions as a member of the State inside the senate always be de-coupled from the State and how it conducts its business?
Anyway, I just wanted to highlight the hypocrisy that got exposed here. They had recently pointed a finger at us, now four got pointed at them.

Regards,
Virendra

pmaitra

re: "Hindu is a false faith with false gods," claims Idaho senator

I get the point but it would not harm to educate the senator about the difference between "Hindu" and 'Hinduism."

sgarg

I agree with @Energon. This is NOT an example of religious intolerance.

Actually I agree that Hinduism is not a religion but defined as "a way of life". It is more related to a group of people who live in a certain place. The reason is the people who identify themselves as Hindus practice different beliefs.

The ancient religion of Bharat is "Vedic" religion. The chant was most likely Vedic (from Vedas).

What Vedas say about God:

"Ekam sat" - there is ONLY ONE GOD.

"Tasya Pratima na asti" - there is no image of God. Or an image of God cannot be made.

There are NO gods and goddesses in Vedic religion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag

There are many Gods mentioned even in the Vedas. Although Vedic/Hindu thought doesn't connote 'God' the same way as west does.
What is God for west is 'Ishwara' for us .. the same 'Ekam sat'.
What the west call our Gods these days (and some of us do as well) are devatas or energy fields; not 'The God'.

sgarg

There are many Gods mentioned even in the Vedas. Although Vedic/Hindu thought doesn't connote 'God' the same way as west does.
What is God for west is 'Ishwara' for us .. the same 'Ekam sat'.
What the west call our Gods these days (and some of us do as well) are devatas or energy fields; not 'The God'.
What you say is a matter of interpretation. The Vedas uses many synonyms for God as Sanskrit is a very different language. The name itself gives out meaning which completes the meaning of the verse.

There are multiple verses in Vedas which say the same thing "there is only one God and its image cannot be made".

I have been under a great Vedic teacher since 2007. I think I know.

Also each Veda Mantra has magical effect on the chanter as well as the environment.

"deva" in Sanskrit mean a person (living) who gives (knowledge).

The souls who have attained "samadhi" or "moksha" are not tied to mortal bodies so live forever and can act like living persons; so are considered "deva".

Only "Ishwar"'s name is worth chanting. Typically that is "Om" or a name given by the teacher to student in private.

Last edited:

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag

It actually isn't yet, but it is still ideological violence. A State formed by members of such narrow religious views cannot be expected to be called a secular one atleast.
They did not just "not attend" the prayer. That was all good by me. But they said "Hindu is a false faith with false gods."
This isn't just not walking a path (obvious since you're walking another one); this is spitting on that path.

Can your actions as a member of the State inside the senate always be de-coupled from the State and how it conducts its business?
Anyway, I just wanted to highlight the hypocrisy that got exposed here. They had recently pointed a finger at us, now four got pointed at them.

Regards,
Virendra
How are these 3 senators representative of the entire senate of Idaho when the remaining 32 some odd showed up for work as usual? In the narrow minded beliefs of these three people and their like minded brethren anyone who does not believe in their god is by default praying to a "false" god. But in that same measure they also believe things like all of humanity originating from Adam's scrotum and Eve's ovum; the world being only a few thousand years old, and god creating earth because he developed a sudden interest in horticulture. There are an ass load of people with really idiotic beliefs and it is impossible to keep up with everyone. As long as dumb beliefs of the few do not impede upon the freedom of the majority the system is an overall success. Like it or not individual freedoms are still far more protected in the United States than most other places in the world, especially the developing world.

This is how it works, if these three members of the state senate find the Hindu prayers to be an affront to their personal belief system they are totally free to say so and summarily sit outside while the rest attend the ceremony.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag

How are these 3 senators representative of the entire senate of Idaho when the remaining 32 some odd showed up for work as usual? In the narrow minded beliefs of these three people and their like minded brethren anyone who does not believe in their god is by default praying to a "false" god. But in that same measure they also believe things like all of humanity originating from Adam's scrotum and Eve's ovum; the world being only a few thousand years old, and god creating earth because he developed a sudden interest in horticulture. There are an ass load of people with really idiotic beliefs and it is impossible to keep up with everyone. As long as dumb beliefs of the few do not impede upon the freedom of the majority the system is an overall success. Like it or not individual freedoms are still far more protected in the United States than most other places in the world, especially the developing world.

This is how it works, if these three members of the state senate find the Hindu prayers to be an affront to their personal belief system they are totally free to say so and summarily sit outside while the rest attend the ceremony.
I'm not saying the entire senate becomes what the three did and am not equating the remaining senate with them.
But I also cannot forget that they are right there in that senate as its members, as a part of the State. Does that have no implications?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles