Obama doesn't love US, he wasn't brought up like other Americans

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Giuliani defends Obama criticism, says president doesn't believe in American exceptionalism

Former New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani adamantly defended Thursday his controversial criticism of President Obama, one day after saying he does "not believe that the president loves America."

Giuliani made the remarks Wednesday at a private fundraiser for Republican Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, who is widely considered to be a prospective candidate for president in 2016. He added: "(Obama) doesn't love you. And he doesn't love me. He wasn't brought up the way you were brought up and I was brought up through love of this country."

The comments drew widespread criticism from Democrats and liberals.

But Thursday night on "The Kelly File," when host Megyn Kelly asked Giuliani if he wished to apologize, the 2008 presidential candidate doubled down on his criticism.

"Not at all. I want to repeat it," Giuliani said. "The reality is, from all that I can see of this president, all that I've heard of him, he apologizes for America, he criticizes America. ... This is an American president I've never seen before."

Giuliani said he doesn't think Obama believes in American exceptionalism, citing the president's remarks on police tactics in the wake of the Ferguson shooting, western atrocities in the name of religion and Obama's longtime association with the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, a controversial Chicago pastor.

But, Kelly countered, "a lot of liberals don't believe in American exceptionalism, but that doesn't mean they don't love America."

"I don't feel it," Giuliani said. "I don't feel this love of America (from Obama). I believe his initial approach is to criticize this country, and then afterwards to say a few nice things about it."

Giuliani, however, said he wasn't questioning the president's patriotism.

"I know patriotism. Patriots can criticize. They're allowed to criticize," he said. "But I don't hear from him what I heard from Harry Truman, what I heard from Bill Clinton, what I heard from Jimmy Carter, which is these wonderful words about what a great country we are, what an exceptional country we are."
Giuliani defends Obama criticism, says president doesn't believe in American exceptionalism | Fox News
You should watch the video on this link.

We find it difficult to understand the US folk's psyche and many feel that the Americans act as gunslingers and as wild cowboys.

This chap Giuliani, who was a Mayor of NY and is supposed to be linked with the Mafia characterises the psyche that makes the US so 'gung ho'.
Giuliani's father was a convicted hold-up man who served time in an upstate prison and was later employed as an enforcer for a Mafia loan shark operation. When the book was first released Giuliani denied and later admitted it was true. According to the book, a number of his other relatives were also in the Mafia besides the uncles who were firemen and police officers that he proudly refers to in public speeches.
http://www.jonesreport.com/articles/060407_giuliani_mobster.html

It is worth seeing the video to realise how worrisome and rather six pack intelligence devoid the American psyche is.

Yet, it is worth watching since it shows how fierce is the US nationalism that is almost brainwashed from childhood.

It is not that I like Obama, but then the Giuliani archetypal attitude does appear to be a high state of gung ho brainwashing that permeates the American psyche which they fail to realise is a systematic national subconscious wash denying individual appreciation of human and worldly worth.

Last edited:

Prometheus

Every single person love his Mother Land , As i do More than anything
An American presidents job is not to love his motherland, but to hate and milk other peoples motherland, and make the most of it so Americans dont have to work or worry where their bread is coming from

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Giuliani's conclusion is completely confirmed by Obama's words out of his own mouth, and from his wife, since before his first election.

Nothing to do with nationalism or cowboyism.

To quote an esteemed member here, Obama is too clever by half.

pmaitra

If you don't believe in "American exceptionalism," then you don't love America.
If you don't give a free hand to the thuggery perpetrated by the so called "law enforcement," then you don't love America.
If you don't agree to going around the world and slaughtering people, then you don't love America.
If you disagree with the State Department propaganda, then you don't love America.

I am surprised he didn't call Obama a terrorist, or anti-Semite, which is a fashionable tactic in America to silence all criticism.

Rudy Giuliani, another of the many clowns that infest the power-cabal in America. Let's give a face to this clown:

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
Giuliani is another in a long line of prominent Republican morons who just cant help self-destructing, and saying things that make them look like fools and destroy whatever credibility, reputation, and standing that they have built over decades.

BTW: For those of you that keep extrapolating on the "pysche of common American folk" based on what some moronic ex-politician who never held a position higher than mayor of a big city says.......I challenge you by asking - how would you feel if I extrapolated on the "Indian pysche" based on the behavior and what comes out from the mouths of the "never-ending pantheon of clowns" that Indian politics seem to produce in abundance generation after generation.
The Lalloos, the Ammas, Mayawatis, Kejriwal, etc.......the never ending hunger-strikes which mysteriously not one single Indian politician has ever died from.......you get the picture by now, dont you ?
So when talking about cowboys......dont be too quick to draw your own gun, guys !!

The right-wing Republican party has been filled with these idiots like Romney with his "47% comment" and the list just goes on and on. The stuff that comes out from the mouths of the likes of Sarah Palin, Michele Bachman, Ted Cruz, Boehner, and their supporters like Trump, Koch brothers, Fox News, etc.....the list is simply too long to list here.......has turned the GOP from the "Grand Ol Party" to the "Grand Freaking Joke" !

As a Democrat - I love it. The more these morons open their mouths, the deeper they keep digging their own graves.

Welcome to the new era of American politics - it looks a bit like Indian politics - highly partisan, huge philosophical differences, and a smattering of clowns who every now and then pop up and say the dumbest things. When American politicians start doing hunger-strikes like in India - that's the day I will pack my bags and say Adios !

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Giuliani is another in a long line of prominent Republican morons who just cant help self-destructing, and saying things that make them look like fools and destroy whatever credibility, reputation, and standing that they have built over decades.

BTW: For those of you that keep extrapolating on the "pysche of common American folk" based on what some moronic ex-politician who never held a position higher than mayor of a big city says.......I challenge you by asking - how would you feel if I extrapolated on the "Indian pysche" based on the behavior and what comes out from the mouths of the "never-ending pantheon of clowns" that Indian politics seem to produce in abundance generation after generation.
The Lalloos, the Ammas, Mayawatis, Kejriwal, etc.......the never ending hunger-strikes which mysteriously not one single Indian politician has ever died from.......you get the picture by now, dont you ?
So when talking about cowboys......dont be too quick to draw your own gun, guys !!

The right-wing Republican party has been filled with these idiots like Romney with his "47% comment" and the list just goes on and on. The stuff that comes out from the mouths of the likes of Sarah Palin, Michele Bachman, Ted Cruz, Boehner, and their supporters like Trump, Koch brothers, Fox News, etc.....the list is simply too long to list here.......has turned the GOP from the "Grand Ol Party" to the "Grand Freaking Joke" !

As a Democrat - I love it. The more these morons open their mouths, the deeper they keep digging their own graves.

Welcome to the new era of American politics - it looks a bit like Indian politics - highly partisan, huge philosophical differences, and a smattering of clowns who every now and then pop up and say the dumbest things. When American politicians start doing hunger-strikes like in India - that's the day I will pack my bags and say Adios !
Well actually you cannot extrapolate the Indian psyche with Laloos and other clowns.

Guess why?

Too many Indians are there in the US and one can see how they behave.

Not many Americans are there in India to draw any other conclusion than they are more of the cowboys and gangster gung ho genre in temperament.

Further, many are aware that 'shoot first, talk later' is the signature code of the US military instead of assessing the situation and then letting go.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
SLA Marshall in his book Men Against Fire asserted that in the average US Army company, only one in four soldiers during WWII fired a weapon, while in contact with the enemy. He postulated that US soldier should be trained to be more aggressive and fire more on the enemy. That was possibly the start of the 'Shoot First, ask questions later' psychology of the US Army and since there was conscription, it permeated into the society to build this 'gung ho' outlook and US exceptionalism. Maybe.

The defeat in Vietnam to a rag tag Viet Cong rattled the the US that it was not really the superpower and that Pax American was ruling the waves. It was a humiliation before the world that flag bearer mainly a European extract leadership and population could be bested by the impoverished Asians to boot. Naturally, it was difficult to swallow, but it did add to the resolve to ensure that it did not happen again and avenues to proves so was on the cards.

9/11 happened and the humiliation was at it zenith and so was the anger that it was time to set the record straight that Anglo Saxon America would not tolerate this usurping of the Anglo Saxon superiority by others and so it was time to prove that the Anglo Saxons were still alive and kicking and would wrest the mantle of being the best specimens anointed to rule the rest of the world humanity.

Bush was the archetypical example of the churn that was tearing the innards of the exceptionalist attitude. The War on Terror, with the Freudian slip 'Crusade' and such lame, irrational and idiotic rationale as 'Freedom and Democracy' and spreading the 'American way of life' said it all. He launched, along with his Anglo Saxon and European allies, into Iraq like an enraged bull only seeing red and nothing more. He floundered after some wins. He required some success to show back home so that the Anglo Saxon and European extract lobby of the US citizen could find solace that they were once again ruling the waves.

Disaster struck. They failed both in Iraq and in Afghanistan. Asians, once again.

And while the American are gung ho, it is only when they win. But the humiliating and personally scary body bags (as the humiliating defeat in Vietnam which made Americans dislike and insult returning from Vietnam soldiers) kept piling up, individual self interest took over from the requirement of proving Anglo Saxon superiority and ruling of international waves.

Bush was reviled and his Republican Party lost hands down to the Democratic Party. And adding insult to injury - to a Black. Such was the total mental confusion where humiliation caused and body bags too scary that American did, the till then unthinkable, elect a Black, even though hard core WASPs did raise issue that Obama was a crypto Christian and instead was a Moslem.

Guilliani is right that Obama was not brought up like an American child. Yes, he was brought up as a Hawaiian American Child, more amenable to realities and less to exceptionalism of the Mainland hillbilles, Sarah Palins (who could see Russia from the loo window) or the six pack illiterate Joe the Plumber.

Therefore, yes, Obama is not typical American, he has brains and intelligence. He loves America? The Jury is out, depending on which side of the debate you are.

He does have a better grasp of the world, but then that is not how Americans want the world to see the US. His foreign policy has sure degraded the US to a great degree from being seen to be 'in control' of the world.

Not only the Americans, but many in the world, would like to see some control so that there is some control over the growing chaos and threat of war enveloping the world.

US appears to be losing the plot.

Hopefully, in the US, there is less of meandering aimlessly, and at the same time, not being as idiotic as Bush so that the world can be put in order and that too with intellectualism and statesmanship, and not hillbilly or cowboy crap, taking the world along.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
An American presidents job is not to love his motherland, but to hate and milk other peoples motherland, and make the most of it so Americans dont have to work or worry where their bread is coming from
Agree with you.......

MANT!

Agree with you.......
Gentlemen, as an American citizen, I can only state that you are going by a fallacy that it's the American Government that's doing the hating and taking... when actually it's the corporations doing that. The US government is limited in many ways from taking actions that interfere with multinational corporations, much of this is by the Supreme Court's assorted rulings on corporate rights, therefore, we have illegal clear-cut logging in Brazil and electronic sweatshops in China. Just don't blame the US government or it's people..blame IKEA or Apple or Samsung... As to Giuliani, he's another washed-up US GOP politician who simply can't keep his mouth shut unless he puts his foot in it but it plays well in Texas..and that's what it's all about..keepin the rednecks and yokels happy to get elected.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
SLA Marshall in his book Men Against Fire asserted that in the average US Army company, only one in four soldiers during WWII fired a weapon, while in contact with the enemy. He postulated that US soldier should be trained to be more aggressive and fire more on the enemy. That was possibly the start of the 'Shoot First, ask questions later' psychology of the US Army and since there was conscription, it permeated into the society to build this 'gung ho' outlook and US exceptionalism. Maybe.
1. Has what to do with thread subject?

2. Any cite for SLA Marshall stats, or independent confirmation? Personal accounts from hundreds of battles must refute this. (Tell it to the Marines.)

3. The "permeated into society" is pure speculation and I doubt would be supported by sociological studies.

4. I am really concerned that BG Ray's anti-Americanism is unhinging his thinking. Certainly it draws out the America haters from the woodwork.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
The defeat in Vietnam to a rag tag Viet Cong rattled the the US that it was not really the superpower and that Pax American was ruling the waves. It was a humiliation before the world that flag bearer mainly a European extract leadership and population could be bested by the impoverished Asians to boot. Naturally, it was difficult to swallow, but it did add to the resolve to ensure that it did not happen again and avenues to proves so was on the cards.
Myth. US Forces suffered not one major military defeat in the field in Vietnam (contrary to Walter Cronkite's verdict about Tet). The US defeat was engineered in the US Congress which removed funding for the war effort, and to South Vietnam. In 1975 that latter government fell to the NVA and the he VC. There was nothing ragtag about the NVA. The ethnic Chinese lady who cuts what's left of my hair tells how it took 10 years for her family to escape communist oppression. Her husband walked across Cambodia at night to escape the Khmer Rouge. Thousands of boat people died trying to escape. But it means nothing to those who want to gloat about humiliation of Uncle Sam.

Kay

Country flag
No president in US history had been questioned on religion, birth certificate, citizenship and faced such vehement opposition, criticism or non-cooperation like Obama.
Open racists always foul-mouth about him. Closet racists oppose and disapprove of under many pretexts. Even many republicans, who are not racist in personal life, find it hard to accept a black president. This prejudice leads them to find faults with everything related to Obama.
Giuilani said Obama is not brought up like mots Americans and hence don't love America. And then he said he is not racist since Obama's mother is white. See :)
Guilani doesn't like Obama apologizing for America. He admires Kennedy. Kennedy authorized the Bay of pigs and later did a half-apology.
Obama is appreciated worldwide for his humbleness and accommodating leadership. He is more popular abroad is perhaps one of the most popular presidents abroad. Under him, US is seen by the world as more of a leader and less of a bully. But republicans think that is weak.
Republicans like to think Americans are exceptional.. A lot of people think they are exceptional - dictators, czars, kings...
Republicans like to show the middle finger to the world, and then ask the question"why do they hate us?"

If majority of Americans were republicans and India and China did not have border problems, I would say China is a more deserving contender for leading the world.

sgarg

I have spoken to a large number of Americans; and I was in USA when Rudy was Mayor. My experience is that 'American Exceptional-ism' is the American religion. This religion is built around the concept that USA is always correct, and USA is the most powerful nation on earth.

While @pmaitra sounds a bit extreme, I saw a picture not much different from what @pmaitra is painting.

The Indian nationalism is built from a different thread - built of 'cultural' nationalism which is very different from power politics that USA plays.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
American exceptionalism is indeed American elixir of existence. Its Zam Zam.

But they are also prone to hyperboles. They are not the most powerful nation on earth. That is too tiny a space for them. They are - the most powerful nation on the PLANET.

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I am not really sure why washed up has beens such as he ex-mayor of NY get any media play at all. Who cares what this dude spouts? This person could not even win the Republican primary. Besides, there's nothing to it. Obama has paid homage to US 'the greatest country on earth' as every single other politician who is serious about high office has.

Anyway, I don't feel there is any case to be made as to Obama loving his country any more or less than his predecessors, though he certainly seems to be much more of a minority, in particular Muslim apologist in the sense that his White House refuses to term IS as Islamic and other similar actions.

As for US exceptional-ism, it simply means in practical terms that the US can dictate terms and do what she pleases. I believe it was former Secretary of State Albright who when asked about the US sanctions that led to deaths of thousands of Iraqi children said something to the effect that since US did it, it was fine. Dropping nukes on Hiroshima and Nagasaki was fine because the US did it and so on and so forth.

In the end, its about power. US has pretty much done what they wanted for nearly the past century and still do for the most part. There isn't a military challenge for them anywhere in sight and economically too China might not be as close as we expected with it slowing down and US on path to recovery.

As for nationalism, considering the appalling lack that I see in my fellow Indian, I would rather urge on the side of over-nationalism than the opposite.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Last week, Conservative teen CJ Pearson, an African-American middle-schooler, posted an epic defense of New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani's repeated claims that President Barack Obama "doesn't love America."
Then FaceBook shuts him down.

"President Obama, You don't love America. If you really did love America, you would call ISIS what it really is: an assault on Christianity, an assault on America and downright hate for the American values that our country holds. Freedom of speech, freedom of religion and every single thing that our country stands for"¦ Maybe one day enough people will speak out about your downright hatred of this nation."

12 Year-Old’s Facebook Page Locked After Posting Viral Video Questioning Obama’s Love of Country | The Gateway Pundit

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles