Ferguson on Fire Again

DingDong

Country flag
Europe has also minorities, but no police shooting. This is the dark, dark side of America. No need to try to whitewash it.
Why shoot them when you can lawfully marginalize them and strip them off their Human Rights? EU is smart, has got smarter laws.

pmaitra

jouni

So now Russia wants to join EU? To get Russian language one of the official 23 EU languages?

pmaitra

So now Russia wants to join EU? To get Russian language one of the official 23 EU languages?
EU should have included Russian when it admitted countries with sizable Russian minorities. You are from Europe, you should known that, but we in DFI can tell you a lot about Europe that you might not have otherwise known.

jouni

EU should have included Russian when it admitted countries with sizable Russian minorities. You are from Europe, you should known that, but we in DFI can tell you a lot about Europe that you might not have otherwise known.
Yes and also Sami language should be there. What a bad EU.

DingDong

Country flag
Yes and also Sami language should be there. What a bad EU.
Europeans should not talk about Racism and Human Rights. Even Finland a country size of a small Indian state having population less than several Indian Metropolis suffers of worse racial prejudices.

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
Europe has also minorities, but no police shooting. This is the dark, dark side of America. No need to try to whitewash it.
There is very little similarity between the minorities in the United States vs. those in Europe. I'm not sure what parallel you are trying to draw here.

jouni

There is very little similarity between the minorities in the United States vs. those in Europe. I'm not sure what parallel you are trying to draw here.
US Police are trigger happy. It also has to do with the gun culture. Minorities in Europe are not targeted by police.

jouni

Europeans should not talk about Racism and Human Rights. Even Finland a country size of a small Indian state having population less than several Indian Metropolis suffers of worse racial prejudices.
We have no race prejudices, we are just small and isolated society, not much foreigners have traditionally lived here. I guess we are like the Alaska of Europe. Also I do not understand, how you compare the populations of India and Finland. You cannot use size of population as an excuse for your success/ lack of it. Every country have one vote in the UN, so India and Finland are equal as countries, that is for sure! If we look at some figures, for example the amount of foreign aid a country gives, we are on the same level. The foreign aid of Finland is about half of what India´s and Indian population is 220 times more, so our aid is actually hundred times more than India. Also look at Nobel prizes, Olympic medals etc. factors of international success and we can see that Finland can hold her own against India. More examples: Indian air force is ten times bigger than Finland, but Finnish air Force had 30:1 success rate against last enemy, so even in crisis situation I am confident for our country.

DingDong

Country flag
We have no race prejudices, we are just small and isolated society, not much foreigners have traditionally lived here. I guess we are like the Alaska of Europe. Also I do not understand, how you compare the populations of India and Finland. You cannot use size of population as an excuse for your success/ lack of it. Every country have one vote in the UN, so India and Finland are equal as countries, that is for sure! If we look at some figures, for example the amount of foreign aid a country gives, we are on the same level. The foreign aid of Finland is about half of what India´s and Indian population is 220 times more, so our aid is actually hundred times more than India. Also look at Nobel prizes, Olympic medals etc. factors of international success and we can see that Finland can hold her own against India. More examples: Indian air force is ten times bigger than Finland, but Finnish air Force had 30:1 success rate against last enemy, so even in crisis situation I am confident for our country.
Finland's vote is irrelevant.

jouni

Forgive my ignorance, but I never heard any Indian official talking about Finland during official briefings on important issues. May be we don't need or value your help.
So why was your president visiting us, begging for help in cleaning your cities and bringing investments to India. Why in the Christmas time there are dozens of organizations in Finland raising money to help Indian poor? You want our private charity and our governmental aid which in the first place is paid by taxpayers money. I am sure that you who oppose this are just a minority, the rest of Indians want to maintain friendship between our countries.

pmaitra

@jouni,

Majority of Indians, and I am talking about the majority, and I repeat, majority, of Indians, bother about Pakistan, PRC, BD, USA, Russia, and people rarely, once in a blue moon, talk about Finland. Finland is an obscure far away country. No offense, but Finland is of very little concern to most Indians.

Last edited by a moderator:

thethinker

Country flag
So why was your president visiting us, begging for help in cleaning your cities and bringing investments to India.
By your logic, nation officials who visit other countries to improve trade relations is considered as begging?

Then, why did Finland officials visit India last year "begging" to expand trade relations with India :

Finland's Foreign Trade Minister to visit India in October - Economic Times

HELSINKI: Keen to expand its trade relations with India, Finland will send its Foreign Trade Minister to the country to explore business opportunities to further boost bilateral ties with its fourth largest trading partner in Asia.

"India has multitude of business opportunities to offer to Finland," Alexander Stubb, the Foreign Trade and European Affairs Minister, told PTI.

jouni

@jouni,

Majority of Indians, and I am talking about the majority, and I repeat, majority, of Indians, bother about Pakistan, PRC, BD, USA, Russia, and people rarely, once in a blue moon, talk about Finland. Finland is an obscure far away country. No offense, but Finland is of very little concern to most Indians.
We don't do what we do, so that we get recognition, we do it because it is the right thing to do. Actually it would be better that the aid given to India would be anonymous, that is the true measurement of the good will of the doner. The people can worry about PRC, when they first have learned what it is from schoolbooks given by Finns. They can speculate about USA and drink the fresh and clean water from Finnish built well.

Last edited by a moderator:

jouni

Your argument is :

Indian officials visiting Finland for expanding trade partnership is "begging"

And Finnish officials visiting India for expanding trade partnership is "investing". Is it?
It is investing from both sides. Trade relations are important. We do not look down on India and I trust that also India do not look down on us. We can have a fight of words in this forum, but in real life the relations between our countries is based on mutual respect.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles