Backed by China, Russia to Deploy Bombers over Gulf of Mexico

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
RUSSIA ANNOUNCES DEPLOYMENT OF BOMBERS OVER GULF OF MEXICO
Announcement follows NATO moves in Eastern Europe

Russia will send long-ranger bombers on regular patrols over the Gulf of Mexico, according to military officials.

Following moves by NATO in response to the crisis in Ukraine, Sergei Shoigu, the Minister of Defense for the Russian Federation and General of the Army, said "we have to maintain military presence in the western Atlantic and eastern Pacific, as well as the Caribbean and the Gulf of Mexico."

In June, U.S. fighter jets intercepted Russian bombers off Alaska and California.

Earlier this week, the European Leadership Network released a report, Dangerous Brinkmanship: Close Military Encounters Between Russia and the West in 2014, stating there has been an increase in military encounters between Russian and NATO since the annexation of Ukraine's Crimea region in March.

The foundation supported think tank says three out of nearly 40 incidents had a "high probability" of triggering military confrontation. It reports the incidents "include harassment of reconnaissance planes, close overflights over warships, and Russian 'mock bombing raid' missions."

The increased flights are designed to demonstrate Russia is capable militarily as NATO increases its military cooperation with Eastern European nations on its border.

"It's interesting the way these multiple violations have been quite carefully choreographed to show it can encircle NATO," Justin Bronk, a research analyst for the Royal United Services Institute think tank, told Channel 4 News in October.

"They forced as many players within NATO as possible to deploy intercepts."
� Russia Announces Deployment of Bombers Over Gulf of Mexico Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
Russia is 'hitting back' and so some vestige of the Cold War appears to have resumed and the world becomes a dangerous place.

Given this report, it is more of patrolling over the Gulf of Mexico and not quite a classical deployment wherein the planes should have a base. Of course, that is cutting the term fine. Deployment, after all could also mean, filling a void.

Nonetheless, the probability of contests for the airspace cannot be ruled out and that could lead to dire situations, causing imbalance in the world peace.

Le Monde diplomatique editorialized that the era of America's diktat "is now over. Its death knell sounded the day Russia had had enough of 'losing' and realized that its ritual humiliation would never come to an end, with one neighbouring country after another being persuaded - or bribed - into joining an economic and military alliance against it." It seems to have come true. Dangerous!

It is unfortunate that speaking in Brussels in March this year, President Barack Obama stressed that "Today, NATO planes patrol the skies over the Baltic and we've reinforced our presence in Poland. And we are prepared to do more." This surely must have been taken as if the NATO was cocking a snook and so could it be that the Russians have been provoked?

French analyst, Emmanuel Todd, in After the Empire: The Breakdown of the American Order postulated that the American empire is a listing Titanic barnacled with a rising national debt of $116 trillion, and weighed down by imperial overstretch. If that is so, the meme is not very encouraging.

America would be better served if it dispensed with its overloaded moral baggage and that would be accepted, indeed welcomed, while undertaking the responsibilities of its imperium.

Last edited:

t_co

Russia is 'hitting back' and so some vestige of the Cold War appears to have resumed and the world becomes a dangerous place.

Given this report, it is more of patrolling over the Gulf of Mexico and not quite a classical deployment wherein the planes should have a base. Of course, that is cutting the term fine. Deployment, after all could also mean, filling a void.

Nonetheless, the probability of contests for the airspace cannot be ruled out and that could lead to dire situations, causing imbalance in the world peace.

Le Monde diplomatique editorialized that the era of America's diktat "is now over. Its death knell sounded the day Russia had had enough of 'losing' and realized that its ritual humiliation would never come to an end, with one neighbouring country after another being persuaded - or bribed - into joining an economic and military alliance against it." It seems to have come true. Dangerous!

It is unfortunate that speaking in Brussels in March this year, President Barack Obama stressed that "Today, NATO planes patrol the skies over the Baltic and we've reinforced our presence in Poland. And we are prepared to do more." This surely must have been taken as if the NATO was cocking a snook and so could it be that the Russians have been provoked?

French analyst, Emmanuel Todd, in After the Empire: The Breakdown of the American Order postulated that the American empire is a listing Titanic barnacled with a rising national debt of $116 trillion, and weighed down by imperial overstretch. If that is so, the meme is not very encouraging.

America would be better served if it dispensed with its overloaded moral baggage and that would be accepted, indeed welcomed, while undertaking the responsibilities of its imperium.
If you're going to copy-paste sentences from other articles in an effort to make your own posts sound more intelligent, at least cite a source.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
If you're going to copy-paste sentences from other articles in an effort to make your own posts sound more intelligent, at least cite a source.
I have of course copied sentences from the other article I posted.

It is done with the intent to check as a Moderator if people read the posts or just skim and then pontificate.

The aim to start this thread is just that, for, I could have posted this very thread as a post under that thread or even under the War in Ukraine. It would have been quite on topic.

However, what you have not noticed that I am trying to locate the trolls who are cluttering the forum with redundant posts and opening inane threads.

There is always a method in the madness.

But let me also inform you that when I post an article, in my post on that article, I also cut and paste sentences of that article appropriate to the theme I wish to state. It saves me time. Note the number of posts and threads I append. It requires time and I do not have the time that you might imagine I have or the time you have at hand. Nothing new actually.

But it pleases me to note that you do read posts with due diligence. I am aware that you and nimo_cn follow my post like sharp eyed vultures.

Bully to you.

Added
Just to make you happy, I have edited it suitably so that it does not created electrique disturbances in your regimented state of mind.

I am aware that I am intelligent and I have no requirement for certification from anyone, and surely not you.

And unlike your signature, 3. Do not suffer fools gladly, as a Moderator, I have no option but to suffer fools.

One more correction - the title of the thread is actually from Fox Insider, the content I thought was not suitable.

Last edited:

t_co

I have of course copied sentences from the other article I posted.

It is done with the intent to check as a Moderator if people read the posts or just skim and then pontificate.

The aim to start this thread is just that, for, I could have posted this very thread as a post under that thread or even under the War in Ukraine. It would have been quite on topic.

However, what you have not noticed that I am trying to locate the trolls who are cluttering the forum with redundant posts and opening inane threads.

There is always a method in the madness.

But let me also inform you that when I post an article, in my post on that article, I also cut and paste sentences of that article appropriate to the theme I wish to state. It saves me time. Note the number of posts and threads I append. It requires time and I do not have the time that you might imagine I have or the time you have at hand. Nothing new actually.

But it pleases me to note that you do read posts with due diligence. I am aware that you and nimo_cn follow my post like sharp eyed vultures.

Bully to you.

Added
Just to make you happy, I have edited it suitably so that it does not created electrique disturbances in your regimented state of mind.

I am aware that I am intelligent and I have no requirement for certification from anyone, and surely not you.

And unlike your signature, 3. Do not suffer fools gladly, as a Moderator, I have no option but to suffer fools.

One more correction - the title of the thread is actually from Fox Insider, the content I thought was not suitable.
what other article?

:lol: you even edited my prior post to make yourself seem like less of a plagiarist.

and you even try to justify it by saying you make too many posts to have the time not to plagiarize.

...so you are both a self-admitted spammer and a plagiarist. bravo!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
what other article?

:lol: you even edited my prior post to make yourself seem like less of a plagiarist.

and you even try to justify it by saying you make too many posts to have the time not to plagiarize.

...so you are both a self-admitted spammer and a plagiarist. bravo!
Clever, clever, cunning you.

If you are claiming that you have not seen any other article, then how do you come to this conclusion?

If you're going to copy-paste sentences from other articles in an effort to make your own posts sound more intelligent, at least cite a source
Typical of you chap, weasel and dodge.

It is no spamming, it is mere convenience to save time to append extracts. And unlike you folks, I am bold to state do without hedging.

But then how would you comprehend that when your full time job assigned by the CPC is to spam foreign forums?

I am here on in an honorary position.

Last edited:

t_co

Clever, clever, cunning you.

If you are claiming that you have not seen any other article, then how do you come to this conclusion?
I have seen another article. You asked what other article. I don't need to name it, since you're the one who's plagiarizing...

Typical of you chap, weasel and dodge.

It is no spamming, it is mere convenience to save time to append extracts. And unlike you folks, I am bold to state do without hedging.
Only after you got caught.

But then how would you comprehend that when your full time job assigned by the CPC is to spam foreign forums?

I am here on in an honorary position.
Look at my post count - 2,400 over 24 months. 3-4 per day.

Look at your post count - 39,000 over 56 months. About 20 per day.

On the basis of volume - your argument, not mine - it's fairly obvious who's getting paid to post here.

sydsnyper

Country flag
You are right, @Ray does not do an ounce of the good job you chinese do at copy pasting....

pmaitra

Source already provided. One link, and two italized sentence fragments. Since you missed them, here are the sources: Le Monde diplomatique and After the Empire: The Breakdown of the American Order.

Before you accuse, make sure you have at least a point to make.

I have seen another article. You asked what other article. I don't need to name it, since you're the one who's plagiarizing...

On the basis of volume - your argument, not mine - it's fairly obvious who's getting paid to post here.
You are being disingenuous here. You have no case. Comment on the topic.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

You astound.

Another article, but won't name!

Friend, do all articles have the same syntax?

Who are you kidding.

You lie through your teeth.

One does not get to post, unlike China.

The number of post is indicative of the versatility of knowledge, mind and repartee.

Your numbers indicate your sad state and the cause for your envy.

Last edited:

sgarg

The Russian bomber patrols serve a purpose, which is quite different from show off. First of course is to train pilots as these are long range flights. Second is to be able to respond to a sudden crisis.

In the age of nuclear missiles with 15 minute flight times, these bombers provide an instantaneous response capability.

Russia does not have enough submarines today. So bombers fill the void to some extent.

sgarg

Logical thing is for USA to back off from Ukraine. But it shows no intention to do that.

The East Ukraine conflict has already claimed +30000 lives and destroyed infrastructure of 30-40 billion dollars.

The unfortunate situation continues to escalate.

pmaitra

@sgarg, I think you meant to say 3000+ lives?

sob

Mod
Country flag
Where will these bombers be based and how exactly is China backing these moves?

It is not very clear from the article.

t_co

Source already provided. One link, and two italized sentence fragments. Since you missed them, here are the sources: Le Monde diplomatique and After the Empire: The Breakdown of the American Order.

Before you accuse, make sure you have at least a point to make.

You are being disingenuous here. You have no case. Comment on the topic.
The source is neither after the empire nor le monde diplomatique. Ray is ripping this article off:

Old wine, new bottles

As for the topic at hand, Russian bombers over the Gulf mean little. Only 10% of Russia's megatonnage is airborne; 30% is seaborne and 60% is land-based. (The US has a 20/50/30 split in air/sea/land legs of its triad by megatonnage).

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Well, if this article has some truth in it then it only goes to show that Russia is now just a "proxy" of China.

Oh, how things have changed, the USSR is no more and its successor (Russia) is just a proxy... China I must say is really thinking well. Even if Russia is no longer the imperial beast it once was yet it still is a very credible "proxy," the best I must say.

pmaitra

The source is neither after the empire nor le monde diplomatique. Ray is ripping this article off:

Old wine, new bottles

As for the topic at hand, Russian bombers over the Gulf mean little. Only 10% of Russia's megatonnage is airborne; 30% is seaborne and 60% is land-based. (The US has a 20/50/30 split in air/sea/land legs of its triad by megatonnage).
He put that excerpt within quotes. This means he is quoting something, and not trying to take credit for someone else's work. He took care to use the quote tags. His own comments are outside the quotes.

The content within the quote tags also contain quotes from the two sources mentioned, and his point was to highlight that (hence the italics). One thing he wanted to highlight was:
which led Le Monde diplomatique to editorialize that the era of America's diktat "is now over. Its death knell sounded the day Russia had had enough of 'losing' and realized that its ritual humiliation would never come to an end, with one neighbouring country after another being persuaded - or bribed - into joining an economic and military alliance against it."
Credit already given to Le Monde whatever.

If I were you, I'd try to write something meaningful, for a change.

sgarg

@pmaitra, Nope it is thirty thousand+.

At least 6000 civilians are dead so far in shelling. The figures for military deaths are not accurate. The rebel side does not give figures. All figures from Kiev are fudged.
The military deaths could be as high as 25000.

This was is fairly intense, far more than it seems.

General indicators are that Kiev has introduced draft. Rebels have also introduced draft. Most likely Russia is also drafting soldiers.

sgarg

Well, if this article has some truth in it then it only goes to show that Russia is now just a "proxy" of China.

Oh, how things have changed, the USSR is no more and its successor (Russia) is just a proxy... China I must say is really thinking well. Even if Russia is no longer the imperial beast it once was yet it still is a very credible "proxy," the best I must say.
At least something makes you happy!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles