Bobby Jindal considering running for president

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
but that was because of his handling of Ukraine crisis. Anyother president would do the same thing. If we consider his economic reforms, americans like him .
The next elections are going to be very interesting.
After centuries US could get their first women president- Hillary Clinton . She still hasnt confirmed and is still 'considering' , but i can bet that she has already made up her mind.
The woes of the average Joe

America is getting richer, but most voters can't feel it
Sep 27th 2014

Yet for all the upbeat economic news, Mr Obama has yet to reap any political reward. His approval rating, at 43%, is stubbornly low. Just 39% of voters approve of his handling of the economy, according to YouGov; 56% disapprove. Remarkably, they now trust Republicans more than Democrats to manage the economy.

Even if Congress were to co-operate, such policies would take years to bear fruit. But surveys by Global Strategy Group, a Democratic consultancy, found that voters prefer a candidate who promises higher growth to one who promises to reduce inequality.
Barack Obama and the economy: The woes of the average Joe | The Economist
His foreign Policy rating:

Brutal: NBC/WSJ Poll Shows Obama's Approval on Foreign Policy Lowest Since Taking Office in 2009
Katie Pavlich | Sep 10, 2014

President Obama's approval rating among Americans on foreign policy now sits at just 32 percent, the lowest since he took office in 2009.
Brutal: NBC/WSJ Poll Shows Obama's Approval on Foreign Policy Lowest Since Taking Office in 2009 - Katie Pavlich

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
If it is Booby Jindal vs Hilary Clinton, then it is Hilary Clinton all the way.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Bobby Jindal has zero charisma, and neither is his track record any good. Oil Spill ?

Neil

Country flag
because, even though he is not associated with India in any way, its logical to believe that the trust level between the countries would increase by leaps and bounds. Any person, whereever he/she lives, always remembers where his/her origins lie.
thats just wishfull thinking my friend... i would rather have more hope on an american origin president improving ties than Indian american[does he even recognize his roots with pride or just that he is brown he needs to accept it]

Sylex21

Piyush is NO Indian. He hates everything about his race and culture and wishes her was white. As an American trust me a self hating Indian like "Bobby" is the last person India would ever want for president in America. He didn't even meet with Modi when he was in NY, instead using a flimsy excuse to avoid the situation.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Bobby Jindal is a Boo Boo.

He should change his surname too.

Something like Jindaloo to remind him of Vindaloo, would be most appropriate.

A wannabe white American of Indian origin.

And what a former name - Pee=oosh.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Reminds me of talk when JFK ran for president.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
http://m.rediff.com/news/report/bobby-jindal-admits-hes-considering-2016-presidential-run/20140917.htm

one of US's most capable politician, Bobby Jindal, the Indian-American governor of Louisiana has publicly admitted that he is considering running for Presidential elections of 2016. He is one of the most famous republicans in US, and has shown his work in Louisiana.
He is not Indian-American. He is an American with Indian origin. the words like African-American, Indian-American, Asian-American are so ridiculous.

because, even though he is not associated with India in any way, its logical to believe that the trust level between the countries would increase by leaps and bounds. Any person, whereever he/she lives, always remembers where his/her origins lie.
Leaps and bounds. I would say it would be just the opposite. or Have you forgotten the Devyani Khobragare incident? These Indian origin Americans have to prove that they are more American by proving their distaste for their origin. Particularly the folks in public life. My experience with the more common Indian origin Americans are like that they cash on 'Richness' of their Indian culture in America and 'Richness' of American economy in India.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
After what most white conservatives feel is their experience with a non white President, the odds are stacked heavily against another non white to become the US President.
I am self-censoring what I would have said to reply to your post. :)

Still giggling to myself...

Dhairya Yadav

He is not Indian-American. He is an American with Indian origin. the words like African-American, Indian-American, Asian-American are so ridiculous.

Leaps and bounds. I would say it would be just the opposite. or Have you forgotten the Devyani Khobragare incident? These Indian origin Americans have to prove that they are more American by proving their distaste for their origin. Particularly the folks in public life. My experience with the more common Indian origin Americans are like that they cash on 'Richness' of their Indian culture in America and 'Richness' of American economy in India.
I agree with your point. But may I remind you that Khobragade is an Indian diplomat , not a US politician . :)

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
I agree with your point. But may I remind you that Khobragade is an Indian diplomat , not a US politician . :)
huh?!!!!! My reference was not to Devyani herself, but the District Attorney of new york whatshisname Bharara. You may like to read up on the incident once again and see that DA was of Indian origin American and how he acted.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
huh?!!!!! My reference was not to Devyani herself, but the District Attorney of new york whatshisname Bharara. You may like to read up on the incident once again and see that DA was of Indian origin American and how he acted.
Preet Bharara is being considered for the position of Attorney-General of the United States.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Preet Bharara is being considered for the position of Attorney-General of the United States.
Good for him.

Glad that wannabe whites are taking over the US.

I am sure he uses 4 ply toilet paper!

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
if this really materializes, it could redefine the entire dynamics of Indo-US ties.
Don't be so sure. Plenty of uncle-Toms within the Indian-American community (Biswal, Bharara to name a few).

The United States is like the Borg Collective from Star Trek. Once you're 'assimilated,' every vestige of your former identity is gone.

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Don't be so sure. Plenty of uncle-Toms within the Indian-American community (Biswal, Bharara to name a few).

The United States is like the Borg Collective from Star Trek. Once you're 'assimilated,' every vestige of your former identity is gone.
I know of no other ethnic group which so much resents their countrymen who have come to America than Indians, as I have seen here on DFI. The fact is, economic costs are associated with not assimilating.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles