Missouri takes control of security away from Ferguson police

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
Missouri takes control of security away from Ferguson police after US teen Michael Brown's death

Missouri's governor moved to ease tensions on Thursday after days of racially charged protests over the police shooting of an unarmed black teenager, putting the African-American captain of the Highway Patrol in charge of security in the St. Louis suburb of Ferguson. Captain Ron Johnson, who grew up in Ferguson, told reporters he would take a "different approach" to policing after complaints that officers used heavy-handed tactics, arresting dozens of protesters and using teargas and pepper pellets to break up crowds. Protesters filled the streets for a fifth night on Thursday in the mostly black suburb of Ferguson and also assembled in other US cities following the death of 18- year-old Michael Brown last weekend. The mood was boisterous but peaceful, even festive at times, in sharp contrast to tense nightly standoffs between heavily armed riot police flanked by armored cars and angry protesters, as well as episodes of looting, vandalism and violence. Thousands of demonstrators, including more white protesters than on previous evenings, gathered late into the night near the site of Saturday's shooting. In sharp contrast to Wednesday night's heavy deployment by riot police, Captain Johnson and a handful of African-American officers without body armor walked among the crowd. "We just want to be able to come and demonstrate together without the fear of being shot. It's that simple," said 53-year-old protester Cat Daniels, an Iraq veteran. "What you see tonight is people coming together. When that kid was killed the hurt and the pain was real."

Read more here:
Missouri takes control of security away from Ferguson police after US teen Michael Brown's death | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

jmj_overlord

funny that a similar incident was portrayed in a CSI NY season 9 finale 2013

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
While one can say that the police chap acted with racist intention, but then there are too many convenience stores hold ups in the US and intellectually, the blacks are the major offenders.

The stereotype dances in the subconscious.

The Blacks, or whatever they are called these days, should as a group must ensure that their youth are controlled and learn to obey the law.

The fault likes on both parties.

Otm Shank

Why are you trying to hold a dead young kid accountable for the dysfunction of his community?

In the west we dont execute people for theft. Blacks may be persecuted/convicted for thefts but its as everyone of all colours keeps saying it just exemplifies that the judicial system is far more lenient on whites than blacks. You trying to justify a specific crime by bringing generalised loaded statistics to the conversation is just disgusting.

Btw the "police chap" had no idea a theft happened. He was just hassling a couple of black (or whatever you call them these days) kids.

blueblood

Why are you trying to hold a dead young kid accountable for the dysfunction of his community?
That "dead young kid" just robbed a store and people are making a fuss like the cop shot Martin Luther King or Nelson Mandela.

In the west we dont execute people for theft.
We in INDIA (east) don't do that either but I think US carries out the second largest number of execution and the largest number of botched ones.

Blacks may be persecuted/convicted for thefts but its as everyone of all colours keeps saying it just exemplifies that the judicial system is far more lenient on whites than blacks. You trying to justify a specific crime by bringing generalised loaded statistics to the conversation is just disgusting.
Is it equally lenient to the brown guys who get random security checks or the Muslims despite the fact that he could be the Ex-president of the largest democracy in the world or the second richest actor in the world.

Btw the "police chap" had no idea a theft happened. He was just hassling a couple of black (or whatever you call them these days) kids.
A white cop shot a black thug then it's a racial thing and if white cop is killed by a black thug then it's not. Some logic.:tsk:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Can someone post the CRIME STATS based on Ethnicity in US?

You would see interesting facts.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
How do you know this ?
If that black guy had robbed a store, then they would call 911 and give a description of the suspect(s).
And so there is a good chance that the cop knew exactly who he was dealing with.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
A white cop shot a black thug then it's a racial thing and if white cop is killed by a black thug then it's not. Some logic.:tsk:
Blacks kill whites, no problem.
Blacks kill black, no problem.
Whites kill whites, no problem.
But when white/hispanic (Zimmerman) kill black: riots. :thumb:

This is probably like the Zimmerman case, and the suspect probably tried to do something "smart".

Just a couple of days after ferguson, a black guy brandishing a knife moved within 4 feet of a cop with an intent to cause hurt. The cops shot him dead. Eyewitnesses called it "Suicide by cop".

Last edited:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Russia, Iran and Egypt have urged the U.S to stop racism
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/20/w...gypt-heckle-us-about-tactics-in-ferguson.html

Meanwhile photographers are being detained
Getty photographer detained in Ferguson - The Times of India

I think some ngos should send teams to search or mass graves in the area :p
India should not miss the chance and should urge the US to stop the racism and to uphold democracy, human rights, humanity, freedom, liberty and all the goody goody thingies and discard cruel totalitarian policing, blah blah blue.
:lol:

Last edited:

Otm Shank

That "dead young kid" just robbed a store and people are making a fuss like the cop shot Martin Luther King or Nelson Mandela.

We in INDIA (east) don't do that either but I think US carries out the second largest number of execution and the largest number of botched ones.

Is it equally lenient to the brown guys who get random security checks or the Muslims despite the fact that he could be the Ex-president of the largest democracy in the world or the second richest actor in the world.

In the west we try to keep all western life as holding the same value and the same equal rights regardless if its MLK or some kid that made a mistake and stole crappy cigars. Authority trying to assign different values and rights to blacks and treating them like a lower caste is deeply offensive and upseting to anyone who lives in the west and appreaciates our high standard of living which these rights integrally provides.

yes they do...The us executes people who commit murder or treason, old days we did for rape..whats your point?

a random security search is equatable to a black person being shot down dead like a dog in the streets every 28 hours how? It is far better being indian origin in the west than african origin. The discrimination indians usually face is systematic but more deeply ingrained in higher authority like less urgent response when indians are victims of crimes especially property or we're denied business or rezoning permits to sabotage us economically. maybe because indians/south asians have much more useful and high skills theyre hesitant to alienate us with as brutal violence?

Why and how is he a thug in your perception? He was like any other average lower middle class kid in north america of any colour. Shoplifting gives no reason for The cop to use excessive and deadly force but as the police chief said the cop had no idea he stole from the store.

If it were the other way around colour wise there'd be statewide if not nation wide mourning for the cop.

Otm Shank

How do you know this ?
If that black guy had robbed a store, then they would call 911 and give a description of the suspect(s).
And so there is a good chance that the cop knew exactly who he was dealing with.
The police chief repeatedly said the officer who shot him was stopping him and his friend for walking in the street. Only after the theft became known did the story for the cop change to include it even tho its still not being called the motive for the officer starting the encounter

Also the representive for the store owners said they never called the police

Last edited:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
The police chief repeatedly said the officer who shot him was stopping him and his friend for walking in the street. Only after the theft became known did the story for the cop change to include it even tho its still not being called the motive for the officer starting the encounter

Also the representive for the store owners said they never called the police
Maybe, maybe not.
The blacks are expert level at playing the race card/minority card. That is the reason for these riots.

But I guess it's fine. It gives opportunity for other nations to exploit weaknesses in the US society.
Just like the Americans exploit and aggravate the weaknesses in other societies (NGOs etc)

Last edited:

Otm Shank

maybe, maybe not what?

The reason people do this in developed nations is discrimination and brutalization

"the blacks"
lol

you sound prejudiced

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
maybe, maybe not what?

The reason people do this in developed nations is discrimination and brutalization

"the blacks"
lol

you sound prejudiced
I meant that, what you said maybe right or maybe not. Maybe the black guy was behaving aggressive, maybe he wasn't.
-----------
Experience is my teacher, and political correctness not high on my priority.

Otm Shank

I meant that, what you said maybe right or maybe not. Maybe the black guy was behaving aggressive, maybe he wasn't.
-----------
Experience is my teacher, and political correctness not high on my priority.
You asked about whether the cop knew he committed a theft or not. I told you even the police chief admitted he didnt repeatedly. No where did either of us discuss aggression.

.Do you have any experience carrying on a coherent discussion? :)
Its too bad your teacher thought you to be prejudiced and dismissive...

Btw his name is Michael Brown not "the black guy".

Last edited:

blueblood

In the west we try to keep all western life as holding the same value and the same equal rights
Did any of these living on the food stamps, jobless morons, protested that hard when white cops are shot dead by black criminals?

Here's an example .

@2.25
This is fcuking moron can't even speak proper English, the only language he knows. But I am pretty sure he has 9 to 5 job like a tax consultant or a dentist.:rolleyes: I don't think he boost cars or sell meth. The sharp suit he was wearing was a dead giveaway.

some kid that made a mistake and stole crappy cigars. Authority trying to assign different values and rights to blacks and treating them like a lower caste is deeply offensive and upseting to anyone who lives in the west and appreaciates our high standard of living which these rights integrally provides.
If you ever come to India and found out that a normal middle class teen caught shoplifting, you will find him beaten to a pulp by his own parents in front of everyone. Not a slap on the wrist.

Today shoplifting, tomorrow armed robbery and day after that shooting people.

yes they do...The us executes people who commit murder or treason, old days we did for rape..whats your point?
Nothing just pointing out that we don't it either.

a random security search is equatable to a black person being shot down dead like a dog in the streets every 28 hours how? It is far better being indian origin in the west than african origin.
There is an excellent reason for that. We are not criminals. Indian americans have the highest per capita income among all ethnic groups including whites and lowest crime ratio.

The discrimination indians usually face is systematic but more deeply ingrained in higher authority like less urgent response when indians are victims of crimes especially property or we're denied business or rezoning permits to sabotage us economically. maybe because indians/south asians have much more useful and high skills theyre hesitant to alienate us with as brutal violence?
Skills of an Indian American running a 7-11 or a gas station or a taxi driver has nearly the same skill set as the black, white or hispanic store runners. I for one don't have any problem with random checks but checking the former president of India or second richest actor in the world (richer than any other actor except Jerry Seinfeld) is plain obnoxious.

Why and how is he a thug in your perception? He was like any other average lower middle class kid in north america of any colour. Shoplifting gives no reason for The cop to use excessive and deadly force but as the police chief said the cop had no idea he stole from the store.

Then what was he, Nelson Mandela? I am not condoning the act just pointing out the hypocrisy.

If it were the other way around colour wise there'd be statewide if not nation wide mourning for the cop.[/QUOTE]

How many cops or federal agents are killed by gangs of black carjackers or Hispanic drug dealers? And how many times are there nationwide or statewide mourning for the men who lost his lives while serving their country or the riots when black teens were shot while doing something they are not supposed to do?

You live in the WEST so please provide some facts. :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
You asked about whether the cop knew he committed a theft or not. I told you even the police chief admitted he didnt repeatedly. No where did either of us discuss aggression.

.Do you have any experience carrying on a coherent discussion? :)

Btw his name is Michael Brown not "the black guy".
You said something but did not prove it (with links of the Chief's statements and how it was "changed" etc.) Besides the Chief may not have had all the facts when he made his initial statements.
Therefore I said maybe what you said is accurate, maybe it isn't.
And I added: Maybe the black guy behaved in an aggressive manner and maybe the white guy responded or maybe that was not the case.
We simply do not know details yet. Add to this the often used race card \. And we have unnecessary riots and looting.

This thread is not too important to me, and not very interesting either, but I'll try to remember the name(s).
It's similar to the Zimmerman case. I'll get back if it gets interesting. ciao ciao.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles