Firing at a Gurudwara in US, several people shot: Reports

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
How does that fit into Colorado Batman shooting? What was the motive there?
I can only tell the guy was determined and he planned that shooting very well by investing money buying those weapons and still alive because of his plan.

Now people can fool themselves with all the theories they want, predicting the reason behind his act but I do not feel invited in doing so. May be he was going to target black community living there in large numbers or was simply doing an act of anarchy to punish the system he wasn't fitting well into.

BTW it has nothing to do with topic in hand.

Country flag
let's not be too critical the Wisconsin police acted a lot faster than mumbai police during 26/11.
I remember watching mumbai live on cnn for hours and wondering where are the police,military,??

hit&run

Mod
Since 9/11 many sikhs have been mistaken as Arabs,muslims etc...
LF I will oppose any logic which is not going to deter those people.

Such theories are not going to help but giving benefit of doubt to those delinquent attitudes. Also these logics are going to divide minorities who need to stand together living overseas. People are paying price of what Muslims might have been doing in western world doing but no where in hell it gives right to any idiot to assault others. The best way to address this shooting incident is by taking it on the merits of legal jurisprudence (Which US Authorities are for sure going to) which is not only going to adjudge this crime on evidence etc. but intent (I wish) of the Criminals as well. But since we are discussing this Issue because one of ours have been targeted living overseas, the pain and agony is going to be excruciating and generalization unavoidable.

Its good to generalize to deter than giving benefit of doubts to those who have executed it or may repeat the same. I can be more honest than this.

Last edited:
Country flag
LF I will oppose any logic which is not going to deter those people.

Such theories are not going to help but giving benefit of doubt to those delinquent attitudes. Also these logics are going to divide minorities who need to stand together living overseas. People are paying price of what Muslims might have been doing in western world doing but no where in hell it gives right to any idiot to assault others. The best way to address this shooting incident is by taking it on the merits of legal jurisprudence (Which US Authorities are for sure going to) which is not only going to adjudge this crime on evidence etc. but intent (I wish) of the Criminals as well. But since we are discussing this Issue because one of ours have been targeted living overseas, the pain and agony is going to be excruciating and generalization unavoidable.

Its good to generalize to deter than giving benefit of doubts to those who have executed it or may repeat the same. I can be more honest than this.
I still have not heard any statements from Hindu/muslim organizations or Indian groups this is
especially strange since around this time many groups work together for india independence
day parades

hit&run

Mod
I still have not heard any statements from Hindu/muslim organizations or Indian groups this is
especially strange since around this time many groups work together for india independence
day parades
Well Hindu and Muslims are talking and condemning it on online news blogs etc.

I have no doubt that local Hindus are not standing in grief with their Sikh neighbours in that town.

Also there is no such thing like Hindu organizations abroad organized in such a fashion that they work as a authority to comment on Political or Social Issues. Few I know always remain disperse, dysfunctional and defunct most of the time in year but are for namesake. Never seen or heard them standing for something. They only time come out with stammering statements is when someone mock Ganesha or other deities.

ejazr

Ambassador
What a horrific incident. Is there any update on the possible motive yet according to the police?

This is not the first time Sikh community has been attacked and its time to go ahead more than just investigating and punishing the attackers. Its the environment and media discourse that has been created which basically is causing such hate crimes to happen regularly against people who might even possibly be "looking" Arab or Muslim. And for Americans, a South Asian is not very different looking than an Arab.

What we should be doing is for all communities Jews, Muslims, Sikhs and Hindus to unitedly take a stand and speak out against unfairly targeting or demonising a particular community because its only a matter of time when others would be roped in along. And also learn from one another on how to provide security for their communities and also take legal and other actions.

May God give strength to the families of those who lost their loved ones

Both Muslim and Hindu orgs have come out in support of Sikh community as per the latest news wires

Hindus stand in solidarity with Sikhs after Temple shooting | Scoop News

For immediate release

Hindus stand in solidarity with Sikhs in wake of Wisconsin Sikh Temple shooting

Hindus have condemned the mass shooting at Sikh Temple of Wisconsin (USA) on August five and offered condolences to the victims.

Distinguished Hindu statesman Rajan Zed, in a statement in Nevada (USA) today, said: Our hearts go out to the victims and their families and the community is deeply saddened at this tragedy.

Zed, who is President of Universal Society of Hinduism, urged Hindus worldwide to join him in prayers for the victims and their families at this difficult and challenging time and urged Hindu temples to hold special prayer sessions for the victims and their families. It was a senseless and shocking violence on a group of worshippers.

Mourning this loss, Rajan Zed pointed out that Sikhs had made lot of contributions to America and the world. Various faith and inter-faith groups nationwide should join hands to express support to the Sikh community and to spread the message of peace, love and harmony at grassroots level, Zed stressed.

We stand in solidarity with the Sikh brothers and sisters, Zed added.

WASHINGTON, Aug. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) said today that American Muslims "stand with their Sikh brothers and sisters" following a deadly shooting attack targeting a house of worship of that faith this morning in Wisconsin.

SEE: Gunman, Six Others Dead at Wisconsin Sikh Temple Gunman, six others dead at Wisconsin Sikh temple - CNN.com

In a statement, the Washington-based Muslim civil rights organization said:

"While details of the attack and the motivation of the attacker are still emerging, American Muslims stand with their Sikh brothers and sisters in this time of crisis and loss. We condemn this senseless act of violence, pray for those who were killed or injured and offer sincere condolences to their loved ones."

CAIR officials are in contact with the Milwaukee Muslim community as it offers support to its Sikh neighbors.

Because of this and other violent incidents, CAIR is urging mosques and houses of worship of all faiths nationwide to review advice on security procedures contained in its "Muslim Community Safety Kit."

SEE: Muslim Community Safety Kit CAIR Community Tool Kit

CAIR: Mosque Attacks Common Nationwide Mosque attacks common nationwide; imam takes incident in stride » Crime & Courts » The Joplin Globe, Joplin, MO

CAIR has in the past spoken out against bias-motivated attacks on American Sikhs. [NOTE: Sikh men who wear beards and turbans as part of their faith are often targeted by bigots who mistake them for Muslims.]

Last year, CAIR offered a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the individual or individuals who gunned down two elderly Sikh men in Elk Grove, Calif.

SEE: Muslim Civil Rights Group Offers Reward for Info on Gunman in Deadly Shooting Elk Grove Citizen : Archives > News > Muslim civil rights group offers reward for info on gunman in deadly shooting

CAIR: Muslim Organization Offers Reward Elk Grove shooting investigated as possible hate crime; Muslim organization offers reward | news10.net

In 2010, CAIR called for an FBI investigation of an attack on a Sikh cab driver in West Sacramento, Calif. The driver said his passengers made anti-Muslim remarks during the attack. Two men were later arrested on charges of felony assault and commission of a hate crime.

Read more here: CAIR: American Muslims Stand with Sikhs After Wis. Shootings - PR Newswire - The Sacramento Bee

devgupt

Country flag
Local population is taking a stand, and getting coverage in media.

Milwaukee and Madison vigils tonight for Sikh Temple shooting victims - JSOnline
Just came back from the event held in Milwaukee.
The mood was sombre, but what was comforting was the presence of large number of locals. They invited some of us to say something about this incident and about Sikhism.There was the daughter of the local senator who talked about her expereince of visiting a gurudwara.Some shook hands with us.
Local news channels were present too and asked us to say something.
Posting a few pics.

Last edited:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Rest in peace the innocents.

White terrorists are utter idiots.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
It is a very sad and tragic day for humanity in general. These kinds of attacks have become a norm in a country where people from around the world come to fulfill American dream. It is my opinion that USA's constitution should be revisited and "Right to Arm" should be amended to put an end to this madness. All they have to do is look around the world and compare the level of such incident for example with rest of the Western developed world and give up their obsession with guns.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
Say bye bye 2nd Amendment... :wave:
I and you can only wish this to come true. It is an uphill task for Americans due to the divide among the lawmakers. The free wheeling and dealing of guns is also affecting our lives in Canada as well since they are being smuggled in to our country. We experienced the same kind of shooting in our biggest shopping center(Eaton Center).

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles